Awesome best practice urban design by Human Habitats. We love the future proof, low or no ongoing carbon emissions sustainable transport initiatives of off-road bicycle paths along all major roads linking key destinations.
Off road paths:
- When well linked to key destinations can be a significant mode of transport to reduce on-road congestion
- Are especially important with the building uptake of people using electric scooters and bicycles
- Can reduce the need for a second car, which reduces financial stress on families, and consequently reduces other stresses within the family
- Provide an equitable community allowing mobility for people under the age of 18, the elderly, or those who do not drive
- Encourage people to get out of their cars and meet their neighbours with incidental, bump-into interactions
- Encourage kids outside and off screens.
- Provide children the freedom to travel safely to school with friends, while freeing up parents from the time spent dropping kids off at school
- Encourage people to exercise more
- Reduce lifestyle greenhouse gas emissions
- Support a more liveable, connected community
In addition the paths at Thornhill Park are separated pedestrian and bicycle paths for added safety.
Off-road paths for transit as well as recreation.