Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD)
Low Impact Development (LID) Consulting undertake Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) stormwater management assessments and consulting for developments. Water Sensitive Urban Design is a key component of sustainable building and infrastructure development. WSUD assessments are now regularly required by councils as part of town planning development approval or conditions documents.
Why would you choose LID?
- We have a passionate, smart and easy to deal with team
- We recommend practical WSUD advice, backed up by STORM or MUSIC modelling tools and guidelines, to deliver smart sustainable solutions to meet council requirements.
- Experience – we undertake over 100 WSUD reports per year. Howevver WSUD reports are not all we do – see our other services!
- We are fast – reports are generally completed in one week of acceptance, but can be scheduled to meet your needs.
- We have experience with all councils requiring Stormwater Management (WSUD) reports
- Our reports are well respected by councils
- Client Testimonials: “We were very pleased with the work of LID Consulting on both recent projects. They were thorough, went above and beyond and exceeded expectations. The work was intuitive and their ESD recommendations caused no problems with builders”. Andrew Bos – Jackson Clement Burrows – Architects
“We were really happy with the work provided by LID and the timely manner in which it was delivered. Council raised no issue with the WSUD which is a reflection of the quality. We have found LID to be excellent operators on the projects we have worked on together. “ Simon Martin – Ratio Consultants – Planning and development consultants. See our Testimonials page for more.
In WSUD assessments typically we review proposed development hard-stand area site coverage, opportunities for direct ground infiltration, water collection and diversion from stormwater, and on-site water filtration options – and recommend alternative ways that developments can practically achieve the required CSIRO Best Practice Urban Stormwater treatment requirements (ie 100% STORM tool or MUSIC tool compliance) or the requirements of the Stormwater Management Plan.
STORM modelling allows us to suggest simpler solutions, with systems operating in parallel.
With MUSIC modelling we are able to investigate in more detail and compare proprietary supplier treatment systems, retention tanks connected to multiple alternate uses not just toilets or laundries, bio-filtration systems and the effect of multiple treatment trains in series not just parallel. We can also optimise sizes of tanks and bio-filtration systems with more accuracy than with STORM.
Recently a number of councils (Bayside, Yarra, Stonnington, Melbourne, Moonee Valley, Port Phillip) have included Water Sensitive Urban Design clauses in their planning scheme – hence formalising their commitment to improved stormwater quality. Low Impact Development provides consulting and reporting to satisfy the compliance and best practice requirements of these more detailed council Stormwater clauses.
Feel free to call us if you have Water Sensitive Urban Design issues to address. Quotes are generally provided within 24 hours.GET A QUOTE