Daylight Modelling Assessments
Low Impact Development (LID) Consulting prepare daylight compliance solutions for new developments.
We can identify likely daylight problems in a building design based on experience, undertake basic deemed to satisfy assessments or build more instructive daylight analysis models that allow us to quantify daylight results. Whichever option is appropriate, we working to maximise the internal amenity of all development types including apartments, offices, education facilities or neighbouring properties to be affected by your development. We significantly help to remove daylight as a planning permit discussion issue.
Daylight assessments are also a useful tool for presenting a non complying planning argument – a daylight analysis can compare your proposed solution to the Rescode envelope – to demonstrate no disadvantage from a non complying design.
Recent daylight projects include:
- Apartments: Albert St, South Melbourne, Bridge Rd Richmond, Bruce St Box Hill, Chapel St Prahran, Dandenong Rd Malvern, Garden St South Yarra, Hawthorn Rd Caulfield South, Hazeldon Pl South Yarra, Hope St Brunswick, Horne St Elsternwick, Lonsdale St Melbourne, Palmerston Cres South Melbourne, Porter St Prahran, Smith St Collingwood, Sydney Rd Brunswick,
- Non-residential: Bridge Rd Richmond, Docklands – office and warehouse, Howard St Richmond, Wellington Rd Lysterfield
- Impact of extension on neighbours daylight – terrace house – Dundas Place Albert Park
Outcomes from daylight modelling can include optimised:
- building form
- room layouts
- shading projections
- screening approaches
- window sizes, positions and tinting, and
- building orientation where practical.
We can prepare our models from scratch but can simplify proceedings with CAD plans.
Note when building models for daylight assessments we can also comment on the sunlight ingress of your building and confirm the common council requirement of three hours of sunlight in living rooms mid winter between the hours of 9am – 3pm is met.
Contact us to deliver smart sustainable solutions. We generally provide quotes within 24 hours and turn around reports within 1-2 weeks or to meet specific time-frames.GET A QUOTE