Sustainability Management Plan
Approximately two thirds of Melbourne councils now require a Sustainability Management Plan (SMP) / ESD Management Plan with new larger sized developments, prior to granting planning permit approval. These plans identify how the proposed development will address Ecological or Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD).
At LID Consulting we are experienced in providing such larger project Sustainability Management Plan ESD reports. We nominate smart sustainable solutions to ensure council planners are satisfied with your ESD initiatives, work through options and complete the input tools, and write a comprehensive report based on your agreed elements, that speaks councils language and saves you time. We are experienced in delivering successful applications.
A small sample of projects we have completed includes:
- 184 apartments + commercial Duckett St Brunswick – MOS Architects
- 125 apartments Porter St Prahran – BG Architecture
- 78 apartments Station St Box Hill – Romano Property Group
- 76 Apartments Toorak Rd South Yarra – Rothe Lowman Architects
- 70 townhouses Epping Rd Wollert – Develco Capital
- 68 townhouse subdivision Plenty Rd Bundoora – SJB Planning
- 67 apartments Market St South Melbourne – BG Architecture
- 55 apartments Heidelberg Rd Ivanhoe – BG Architecture
- 35 apartments Lygon St Brunswick – BB Design Group
- 24 townhouses Lockhart St Mernda – Develco Capital
- 19 apartments Cape St Heidelberg – Peter Brown Architects
- 17 apartments Beach Rd Parkdale – Nicholson Wright
- Office + factory development Hartwood Court Chelsea Heights – MK Building Group
- Office Thames St Box Hill – DZine & Construction Group
- Library Newport – Haskell Architects
- Church + function centre Anderson’s Creek Rd Templestowe – Victorian Extension Design
- Bus depot + workshop + office Kingston Rd Heatherton – DZine & Construction Group
- Factory Princess Hwy Noble Park – Sims Metal
- Showroom Madden Gve Richmond – Red Box Developments
We are also experienced in providing simpler less expensive reports for smaller sized developments (generally under 10 dwellings or smaller non residential developments). See www.lidconsulting.com.au/sustainable-development-reports/sustainable-design-assessments-statements
Please contact us if you would like to discuss the process or require a quote. We will generally turn around quotes within 24 hours, and reports within 1-2 weeks or to meet your timelines.CONTACT US
A Sustainability Management Plan addresses different categories of sustainability such as: Energy Efficiency, Internal Environment Quality, Water Sensitive Urban Design, Potable Water Demand Reduction, Transport, Waste, Materials selection, Urban Ecology, Management, and Community and Maintenance initiatives.
The SMP or ESD Management Plan for of council required ESD report is generally invoked for developments of 10 or more residential dwellings or non residential spaces of more than 1000m2. However some councils invoke their own thresholds. Below these thresholds a similar but less expansive Sustainable Design Assessment is required to be submitted to councils. Both types of reports include the BESS (Built Environment Sustainability Scorecard) tool amongst other tools and considerations.
The BESS tool replaces the previous STEPS (Sustainable Tools for Environmental Performance Strategy) and SDS (Sustainable Design Scorecard) tools.