Moonee Valley Racecourse Re-development Planning Panels submission
As part of our commitment to more sustainable and better communities LID Consulting in conjunction with Enlocus Landscape Architects prepared a submission to the Moonee Valley Racecourse Planning Panel. We also presented this submission to the panel. Amongst other things the submission emphasised:
- The opportunity for more interactive, interesting streetscape than the original proposal
- A street layout that directed pedestrian movement along more suitable streets, and a street layout that followed more direct paths of travel
- The opportunity to continue the existing Moreland Council nominated bike paths from Victoria and Dawson Streets in Brunswick through to Moonee Ponds – enhancing cross town links that would benefit traders in Moonee Ponds.
- MVRC Alternate Masterplan – presented at MVRC Redevelopment (Planning Panels Victoria) Advisory Committee hearing
- MVRC Alternate Masterplan – emphasising direct cycling links between adjoining activity centres