Waste Management Plans
A Waste Management Plan is now a council requirement for multi-unit and non residential developments in most municipalities. At Low Impact Development Consulting we will prepare a demolition, construction or operational Waste Management Plan for your multi-unit, mixed use or non-residential development, independently or in conjunction with your ESD report.
We produce over 150 Waste Management Plans per year, that are well received by councils, due to our standard practice of proposing recommendations to council Waste Management teams and obtaining comments prior to submission.
Call us to discuss or email your project details on pdf – we can generally confirm written quotes within 24 hours and turn reports around within 1 week.CONTACT US
A small selection of waste management plans successfully completed by LID Consulting include:
- 169 apartments Garfield St Richmond – Metier 3 Architects
- 78 apartments + commercial Station St Box Hill – Romano Property Group
- 67 apartment + commercial tenancy Breese St Brunswick – Clarke Hopkins Clarke
- 61 apartments + commercial Chapel St South Yarra – Homeworks Design
- 55 apartments Heidelberg Rd Ivahoe – BG Architects
- 31 apartments + 5 townhouses Park St Moonee Ponds – Clarke Hopkins Clarke
- 26 apartments McKinnon Rd McKinnon – DO Architects
- 24 apartments Bluff Rd Hampton – Real Estate Concepts
- 20 apartments + commercial Johnson St Abbotsford – Ratio Consultants
- 14 apartments Glass St Essendon – Clarke Hopkins Clarke
- 14 apartments + commercial Nepean Hwy Aspendale – DO Architects
- 41 townhouses Dunedin St Mernda – Develco Capital
- 28 townhouses Frankston-Dandenong Rd Carrum Downs – ST Architecture
- 25 townhouses Denbeigh Court Keilor – BB Design
- Shopping Centre Dakabin Qld – Lascorp Developments Group
- Shopping Centre Kingston Downs Drive Ocean Grove – Lascorp Developments Group
- Demolition and Construction of Woolworths store – Crows Nest
- Demolition of residence McIntyre St – Gordon
- Homewares Store Gipps St Abbotsford – Contour Consultants/AN+A
- Offices Hopkins St Footscray – Castlerock Property
- Offices 6 level medical suite Martin St Heidelberg – Romano Property Group
- Offices 5 level York St South Melbourne – Clarke Hopkins Clarke
- Church + function centre Anderson’s Creek Rd Templestowe – Victorian Extension Design
Considering the waste management strategy early in the design development stage avoids difficult re-design issues later in a project, helps ensure best practice outcomes, and consequently will satisfy council planning process requirements. A good Waste Management Plan / process will also improve the recycling behaviour of apartment inhabitants by making recycling easy. The development will exist for multiple decades, so a small regular improved recycling performance of tennants becomes very significant over the life of a building. This is simple environmentalism.
A Waste Management Plan can encompass construction waste in addition to managing the residents waste when the building is occupied. At LID Consulting we can also prepare a simple to follow construction Waste Management Plan if required. We have 15 years experience including in multi-unit and commercial design and construction so our solutions will be tailored and practical.