With all types of building projects (new builds, extensions, renovations or fit-outs) smart sustainable material choices can help support and encourage more sustainable building practices as well as providing a better indoor environment for occupants.
Choice of building fit-out materials and furnishings
- Third party accredited finishes and fittings – GECA, Green Tag
- Carpets / carpet tiles including cushion backed carpet tiles to improve comfort levels and get closer to the feel of carpet
- Fabrics to include significant recycled components – predominantly but not exclusively (as a preliminary search strategy)
- Desk systems
- No unsustainable rainforest timber
Sustainable material selection in our office fit-out includes:
- Second hand office desks
- Renovated arm chairs with fabric containing 80% recycled PET component
- Polished concrete floor – minimising materials use by avoiding floor coverings. Providing exposed concrete to modulate building temperatures and reduce the need for heating and cooling
- All natural coir woven mat under meeting table – non PVC backed
- Stand-up desks
- Garbage, co-mingled recycling, in-office battery recycling containers
Visit our comprehensive database of sustainable concepts and materials at designlightly.com.au or all us for a chat to discuss smart sustainable solutions. We provide most quotes within 24 hours.